CONTROLLING THE FRONT OF THE START PACK: In the 2018 race, we sectioned off the two front sections of the start pack and admitted to those sections those runners who had demonstrated a finish time of 27 minutes or less for the front section and of 28-30 minutes for the second section. Admission to the these two sections of the start pack was determined by a special marks placed on the bib. We also added side barriers and additional race staff to prevent runners from jumping into the front sections from the side. Finally, more emphasis was placed on compliance with the pacing signs, and pacing signs will show the finish times as well as running pace. This effort was successful and will be used in the 2019 race.
- ALL REGISTRATION IN 2019 WILL AGAIN BE ONLINE. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION AT EARLY PICK-UP OR ON RACE DAY.
Registration will close when 2300 runners have registered or at 8:00 PM (EDT) on Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
- The 4th Annual Kids Fun Run/Walk will be conducted at 4:30 PM on Wednesday, July 3, behind Stevens Brook Elementary School.
The cost of the race is $4/child. Registration for the race is online and on the day of the race, July 3, from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- 150 technical t-shirts and an unlimited number of cotton t-shirts with the unique 2019 design will be sold online.
Online sale of the cotton t-shirts will end on June 15. Tech tees and cotton tees will be available for sale during Early Pick-Up and on Race Day.
- The cost of registering prior to June 15 is $20. From June 15 through June 30, the registration fee is $25. Registration after June 30, if available, will be $30.
We typically have 100 – 150 no-shows on Race Day (118 in 2015), so we will allow a maximum registration of approximately 2300.
- Families up to six members may register in one credit card transaction.
- Disposable timing chips and start mats will again be provided for the race. Mat time will be the official time except for the top five male and female finishers
for whom gun time will be the official time.
- In 2017 and 2018, 500 runners registered by January 18th.
- Runners should be ‘in the pack’ not later than 8:00 AM. If a runner is more than five minutes late, a start time from the start mats may not be available.