- ALL REGISTRATION IN 2017 WILL AGAIN BE ONLINE. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION AT EARLY PICK-UP OR ON RACE DAY. Registration will close when 2250 runners have registered or at 8:00 PM (EDT) on Sunday, July 2, 2017.
- The 2nd Annual Kids Fun Run/Walk will be conducted at 4:30 PM on Monday, July 3, behind Stevens Brook Elementary School.
- Again this year, 150 technical t-shirts and an unlimited number of cotton t-shirts with the unique 41st Anniversary design will be sold online. Online sale of the cotton t-shirts will end on May 15. Tech tees and cotton tees will be available for sale during Early Pick-Up and on Race Day.
- The cost of registering prior to June 15 is $20. From June 15 through June 30, the registration fee is $25. Registration after June 30, if available, will be $30. We typically have 100 – 150 no-shows on Race Day (118 in 2015), so we will allow a maximum registration of approximately 2250.
- Families up to six members may register in one credit card transaction.
- Disposable timing chips and start mats will again be provided for the race. Mat time will be the official time except for the top five male and female finishers, for whom gun time will be the official time.
- In 2016, 500 runners registered by January 22, 2016.
- Runners should be ‘in the pack’ at 8:00 AM. If a runner is more than four or five minutes late, a start time from the start mats will not be available.
- The Race Committee has noted an increased number of ‘bandits’ – runners and walkers participating in the race without a race bib. A runner or walker without a race bib is taking advantage of the work done by the Race Committee and volunteers to organize and conduct the race. Bandits add to the density of the pack and are unfair to the purpose of the race, which is to support the Bridgton Public Library and other local charities.