CONTROLLING THE FRONT OF THE START PACK: In the 2018 & 2019 races, we sectioned off the two front sections of the start pack and admitted to those sections only those runners who had demonstrated a finish time of 27 minutes or less for the front section and of 28-31 minutes for the second section. Admission to these two sections of the start pack was determined by a special mark placed on the bib. We also added side barriers and additional race staff to prevent runners from jumping into the front sections from the side. Finally, more emphasis was placed on compliance with the pacing signs, and pacing signs will show the finish times as well as running pace. This effort was successful and will be used in the 2020 race.
- Our registration company has changed to Race Entry. Links to the registration forms are posted on the Home Page.
- There are two segments for registering. The segment for the first 500 runners is clearly identified and there is a counter for displaying the number of runners registered through #500. Thereafter, runners registering will use the second segment. Both are clearly identified on the Race Entry registration site.
- To accommodate increased costs of conducting the race, registration fees have been increased to $23 (January 15 through June 14), $28 from June 15 through June 30, and $35 (July 1 – 2),
- ALL REGISTRATION IN 2020 WILL AGAIN BE ONLINE. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION AT EARLY PICK-UP OR ON RACE DAY. Registration will close when 2300 runners have registered or at 8:00 PM (EDT) on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
- The 5th Annual Kids Fun Run/Walk will be conducted at 4:30 PM on Friday, July 3, behind Stevens Brook Elementary School. The cost of the race is $4/child. Registration for the race is online and on the day of the race, July 3, from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- As always, the first 500 runners will receive a free technical t-shirt. Technical t-shirts and cotton t-shirts with a unique 2020 design are available for purchase online. Online sales of t-shirts will end on June 15. Tech tees and cotton tees will be available for sale during Early Pick-Up and on Race Day.
- Families up to six members may register in one credit card transaction.
- Mat time will be the official time except for the top five male and female finishers for whom gun time will be the official time.
- In 2017 and 2018, 500 runners registered by January 18th; however, in 2019, the 500th runner did not register until after February 15.
- Runners should be ‘in the pack’ not later than 8:00 AM. If a runner is more than five minutes late, a start time from the start mats may not be available.
- The race allows walkers and runners/walkers pushing strollers. Use of earbuds is discouraged to ensure the safety of all runners.