Registration is Open!
(Additional links to register are below. )
June 20 Race update:
We are two weeks from the race. Our in-person race, on the certified Bridgton 4 mile race course, is a go. We will have over 1200 runners.
Key Race planning items:
- Race start is 0800, July 4, next to Food City on South Main Street
- COVID protocol: Masks are not required, but still an option if you haven’t been vaccinated, or if you just feel more comfortable
- On-line Registration closes at 8 PM, July 2
- Bib and shirt pickup is Saturday, July 3, between 3 and 6 PM, at the Old Memorial School on Depot Street, or the morning of the race, 0600-0745
- Post race: When you finish the race, race personnel in yellow or lime green shirts will help direct you away from the finish line. You can grab a cold drink (water or Gatorade), a power bar, and then exit the area. Maine COVID guidance will be in use.
- If it’s really hot, the misting tent will be set up
- The medical tent will be available if you need assistance
- There will not be an award ceremony this year, checks and prizes will be mailed to the winners
- To minimize any potential COVID exposure, we encourage all runners to exit the immediate area as soon as you are comfortable.
- Like all of Maine, Bridgton roads get attention throughout the summer. Be at the start area 0745. Here is what to expect:
- I toured the course today and it looks pretty good. The first half mile construction is complete and it’s beautiful.
- There will be water stations at Mile 1, 2, and 3.
- The rolling hills on miles 2 and 3 are still there, so be ready!
- The Bridgton PD will close off the necessary roads. At Mile 2 you will cross Route 117.
- The last 1.5 miles are still downhill and you will fly to the finish.
Training: Keep up your runs the next two weeks, and go light on July 3rd!
May 25 Update:
Today, with about seven weeks until Race Day, we have great news… Maine has implemented additional mask relaxations. Outdoors, masks are no longer required!
If you haven’t been vaccinated by Race Day, you are encouraged to wear a mask, but since there is no way to check this, Maine has elected to keep the guidance simple… no need for masks outdoors.
This year’s race will have the look and feel of a ‘normal’ race with the faster runners starting in the two front groups. The rest of the start pack will be spaced according to signs for your average pace per mile.
This year’s race will have cash awards for the top three women and men finishers: $200 for first, $150 for second, and $100 for third. As in other years, there will be other prizes as well.
Also, this year, running virtually is an option for any runner or group that wishes to run in a location of your choice.
Our camp partners have not yet decided on what’s best for their campers and if they will participate in the race. Some camps may run the race virtually.
We still want to minimize congregating in the finish area. If it’s hot, the misting tent set up and a safety tent will be available for any runner that might need medical attention. Cold drinks and energy bars will be available for ‘grab and go.’
Results will be sent to your e-mail address, and official results will be posted online immediately after the race.
– Bill Graham, Race Director
Register for the 4 on the Fourth
Race Bib & Timing Chip Pick-up
Early pick-up of the 4 on the Fourth race bibs and t-shirts is available from 3:30-6:00 pm on July 3rd at the Finish Area at Memorial School on Depot Street. Race Day pick-up of bibs and shirts begins at 6:00 am at the same location July 4th. Alphabetical lists of registered runners with their respective bib numbers will be posted in the registration area.
Disclaimer: If the race is converted to a virtual race, or, is canceled because of weather or other unforeseen circumstances, deferrals or refunds will not be offered.
Kids Fun Run July 3rd @ 4:30 pm
Register for the Kids Fun Run
Presented by Bridgton Hospital
Pick-up race bibs and register for the Kids Fun Run from 3:30 – 4:15 pm July 3rd at Memorial School on Depot Street.
2021 Race T-Shirts
2021 T-shirts will be available for purchase online at the registration site, at Early Pick-up on July 3rd, and on Race Day July 4th”.
About the Race
The 4 on the Fourth is a classic road race held each summer in the heart of Maine’s lake region. The race starts in town and takes runners through a beautiful rolling course with a mix of hills, fields, and lake views, ending with a fast fourth mile and an exhilarating finish.
If you would like to see the entire 4 mile course – check out this detailed video with audio tips!
Post Your Race Photos
Go to our facebook and instagram sites and post your pictures. We want to see them.
See more about Bridgton, Maine: